TruBridge, LLC has exciting employment opportunities for remote HIM Coding Specialists on our Outsource Coding Team.
The HIM Coding Specialist will handle medical coding and data entry / abstraction for various types of Hospital visits (Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory, Surgery, Emergency and Special Procedures). Below is a summary of duties and responsibilities.
- Correctly assign ICD-9-CM primary and secondary diagnoses and procedure codes based upon documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign modifiers to charge master items and coder assigned CPT codes, as appropriate
- Correctly assign CPT codes to outpatient procedures consistent with client contract and documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign E&M levels on ER facility and professional fees
- Create compliant physician queries
- Correctly and compliantly review claims for medical necessity
- Update problem list consistent with client contract
- Correctly assign present on admission indicators
- Correctly and compliantly select DRG
- Provide excellent customer service
ED Coding Specialist
• 2 years experience coding, charging injections and infusions, assigning facility E&M Levels, and assigning Profee E&M Levels
Inpatient Coding Specialist
• 2 years experience coding inpatient accounts in an Acute Care setting
Interventional Outpatient Coding Specialist
• 2 years experience coding all types of interventional cases including radiology, neurology and neuro surgery.
All Coding Positions require:
• Coding Credential Required: AHIMA or AAPC credential (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC, or COC)
• Coder is responsible for phone and internet connection. Must be high speed
• Full-Time Remote/ Work from home position
Apply now for the position
Note: you must take the test and complete the application