CPSI is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer for its Minneapolis, MN or Mobile, AL location where you will be a part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with creating applications and products to support the rural healthcare market of hospitals, clinics and long term care facilities. At CPSI we leverage an agile development methodology that provides the ability to react to ever changing regulatory and market requirements.
The DevOps Engineer will:
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy, configure, and operate our internal environments.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment and configuration issues in our DEV, QA, pre-prod, and prod environments.
We develop using a technology stack consisting of: Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare, Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Entity Framework, ASP.NET & ASP .NET Core (C#) and Angular
Our applications are constructed using these architectural approaches and techniques:
- REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- SPA (Single Page Application), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control)
- Agile development techniques and Scrum development processes
- Own, operate, and optimize Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes.
- Identify, build, configure, and manage systems used by development.
- Improve and maintain Docker image build and deployment process.
- Support internal customers on multiple product lines through research, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Resolve reported issues within appropriate timeframe to ensure internal customer satisfaction.
- Perform hardware and software installation and configuration for supported systems.
- Deploy, test, and monitor relevant software at most current and stable releases.
- Complete Windows server and workstation staging as necessary.
- Plan and deliver DevOps projects providing clear communication on status, impediments, and needs.
- Participate in documenting guidelines, processes and techniques for system administration.
- Assist in system capacity planning and provide regularly scheduled detailed reporting
- Research server resource, deployment, and configuration issues for internal systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot internal development tools including: Octopus, TeamCity, JIRA, SVN & GIT
- Participate in special projects that may require may require work at unusual hours of the day or occasional travel.
- 2 year degree in a computer field or a combination of relevant education and equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of related computer systems experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Hands-on experience with build automation tools (TFS, Cruise Control, Jenkins, Octopus, Team City, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher or similar)
- Strong working knowledge of branch and source control management (TFS, SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (especially SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of web hosting platforms (IIS, Apache, etc.)
- Proven ability to automate repetitive practices with: batch scripting, PowerShell, Perl, C#, VB, etc.
- Proven troubleshooting and reasoning skills to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- Hands-on experience with build automation tools (Octopus, Team City).
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load-balancers, clustering, etc.
- Familiarity with Terminal Services and published Apps
- Familiarity with Virtual Servers Hyper-V, VMware, and Xen technologies.
- Previous experience with software support, customer support or system administration.
- Ability to read stack traces and debug logs to troubleshoot issues.