In addition to working as prescribed in our Performance Factors specific responsibilities of this role include:** DBA Responsibilities:**
Develop and test backup/recovery procedures
- Perform installs and upgrades
- Partner with DB Architect in setting database standards and best practices
- Evaluating business requirements and translating them into specific database solutions
- Creating data design models, database architecture and data repository
- Creating and testing database prototypes
- Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
- Ensuring new database schema meets standards for readability and performance
- Monitor and tune for performance
- Write efficient T-SQL scripts.
- 3+ years of experience as a database administrator.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 & higher (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, constraints & indexes).
- Experience with modeling tools.
- Strong database design and development experience working with developers.
- Understanding of different database models and styles (OLTP, OLAP, NoSQL)
- Intermediate level knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting performance issues (query optimization, performance monitors & troubleshooting tools).
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- High level reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of data in situations with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions presented in both written and oral form.
- Presents a professional and positive image at all times.
**Preferred Qualifications: **
- SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 Server Certification
- Experience in Enterprise Design for high volume, transactional environments
- Experience with Analysis Server (SSAS) and Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge of BI infrastructure
- Experience in virtualized environments
- Previous experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL a plus
Apply for a position in: