American Health Tech , a wholly-owned subsidiary of CPSI, a growing software technology company, is searching for a Scrum Master to join our Jackson, MS team.
The Scrum Master ensures that the technical team members are motivated, organized, and coordinated throughout the development phases. This role serves one or more teams comprised of 5-8 developers, and is accountable for the day-to-day activities of each team member. This position works closely with Product Management, Development Director/Manager, QA Lead and Architects to ensure that team members are effectively utilized, trained, and coached. Leadership by example in Agile implementation and executions expected.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working as prescribed in our Performance Factors specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for coordination of team activities
- Mentors Software Engineers on software development and Agile best practices
- Enables team in Scrum Development and the delivery of product roadmap features
- Facilitates all aspects of completing sprint work including design, review of work, optimizing team interactions and implementation
- Takes ownership of backlog grooming, estimation and all other process driven activities
- Facilitates discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Removes roadblocks and guides the team to the appropriate resources
- Responsible for ensuring team follows all scrum and company processes
- Comply with all employment laws and regulations including, but not limited to, equal employment opportunities for all
- Meet responsibilities as delegated by manager that are specific to functional area and team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Experience using an Agile tool such as Rally, VersionOne or JIRA is a plus
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies, ability to manage multiple projects with a focus on timelines and appropriate escalation
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building and employee relationship skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Application development or project management experience within the healthcare industry
- Experience with web-based based application development
- Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Professional
- Experience with software metrics
- Experience with estimation methodologies