CPSI is currently looking for a Sr Software Engineer - Java for its Minneapolis, MN location where you will be a part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with creating applications and products to support the rural healthcare market of hospitals, clinics and long term care facilities. At CPSI we leverage an agile development methodology that provides the ability to react to ever changing regulatory and market requirements.
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with the Systems Analyst(s) throughout the full life cycle of projects. Working knowledge of Java and Java Script based development is required and Polymer and Spring are a plus.
We develop using a technology stack consisting of: Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare, Linux, Java, PostgreSQL, Polymer, and Angular
Our applications are constructed using these architectural approaches and techniques:
- REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- SPA (Single Page Application), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control)
- Agile development techniques and Scrum development processes
- Work with Systems Analysts, Product Managers, and other Engineers to convert market requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications
- Ensure that the modified and/or newly created application components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed
- Participate in quality reviews and ensure traceability of the application design changes to the requirements
- Analyze and design enhancements and fixes to application code
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards
- Complete all appropriate technical documentation required to maintain the application
- Create a collaborative environment with other team members to ensure the team's overall effectiveness
- Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks
- Follow change control procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area
- 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge and experience with Java, Hibernate, JPA, Maven, Jetty/Tomcat, REST, and Spring Boot
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving collaborative environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution. Must be able to act both independently and as a team member
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- Application development experience with healthcare based applications
- Experience with web-based based application development using REST/Hypermedia and/or SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Experience with modern techniques such as Responsive web design, SPA (Single Page Architecture), Dependency Injection and IOC (Inversion Of Control) and Design Patterns
- Experience using agile development techniques and scrum development processes