CPSI, a growing software technology company, is searching for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Marshall, MN team.
- Work with Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Quality Analysts to implement market requirements and functional specifications
- Ensure that the modified and/or newly created application components interact appropriately
- Test case creation, execution, and data validity testing
- Participate in quality reviews and ensure traceability of the application design changes to the requirements
- Analyze and design enhancements and fixes to application code
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards
- Complete all appropriate technical documentation required to maintain the application
- Create a collaborative environment with other team members to ensure the team's overall effectiveness
- Identify and communicate potential risks and roadblocks
- Follow change control procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- At least 5 years of experience with development of N-Tier applications
- At least 5 years of experience with development using .Net 4.X (C#, VB.Net)
- At least 3 years of experience with development using Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience developing web-based software (HTML5, CSS3)
- Solid, analytical debugging skills
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member
- Application development experience with healthcare based applications
- Experience with one or more: JQuery, Angular, .Net Core, ORM (i.e. Entity Framework Core), Web API
- Experience with developing enterprise level web-based based application using N-Tier architectural principles
- Experience with modern techniques such as Responsive web design, SPA (Single Page Architecture), Dependency Injection and/or IOC (Inversion Of Control) and Design Patterns
- Experience with relational database design
- Solid understanding of Code Management (Git/Git-Flow). Ability to resolve merge conflicts, manage code branches, create and review pull requests.
- Solid understanding of Web Services Architectures (REST/SOAP). Experience building and consuming Web Services and Web API’s.
- Experience using agile development techniques and scrum development processes