Production Database Administrator
CPSI, a growing software technology company, is searching for a Production Database Administrator for its Ridgeland, MS location. If you’re looking for a new challenge with a national leader in healthcare software, then take a look at AHT!
The Database Administrator ensures that client and internal databases are updated accurately and regularly. The Database Administrator will also provide support at the database and application levels, working cross-functionally within the company to achieve best resolution appropriate for client needs.
- Provides database and Microsoft SQL Server support to both clients and internal staff.
- Performs version upgrades and maintenance.
- Maintains databases for both internal and external support, development, and client training systems.
- Remains current with Microsoft SQL Server changes/updates and tests changes/updates when made available.
- Provides database training to AHT staff as required.
- Responsible for customer data migration strategies and support.
- Escalates complex issues to the Manager as needed.
- Possess a working knowledge of all databases structures for AHT products.
- Requires a minimum of 2 year degree in a computer field or a combination of relevant education and equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience as a database architecture and design
- 3 years’ experience with database migration and modeling tools
- Professional level knowledge of MS SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of, Microsoft SQL, and .Net programing language
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance plans
- Strong knowledge of performance tuning and optimization
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and maturity. Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on customer issues to resolution.
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- High level reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of data in situations with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions presented in both written and oral form.
- Presents a professional and positive image at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informational Technology or other related field
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Exposure to configuration and maintenance and tuning MS SQL Server databases
- Experience in virtualized environments
- Experience using database design and modeling tools
Why American Health Tech and CPSI?
Because this is where careers and champions grow. One of our core values is that “People Matter” — our employees, clients, families, and communities. We're transforming community healthcare and joining the our team means that you’re more than an employee; you’re a Champion for small community hospitals. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.